After a long winter, it’s time you gave a little extra attention to deck and patios. But cleaning your deck is not an easy job.
Cleaning the patio by hand is a long process. And the deck, your back is going to hurt in the nightmare. So, what should you do? Get a pressure washer and start washing them in minutes. If you have one, you are just awesome!
Don’t get your head in overthinking is this going to be safe. Of course, yes. All you have to do is stay in the safe limit of water pressure. Otherwise, this pressure washing process is pure fun.
Needless to say, patio and deck is the most aesthetic thing of any house. The beauty can be shattered for just some grimes or stubborn spot. This is a good reason why you need to clean your patio and deck.
How to Pressure Wash a Patio and Deck
- The first thing you can consider is to make up your mind whether you really want to go with it.
- The second most important thing is a pressure washer. If you do not have one, get one. A cheap one would do the job.
- Now you can begin clearing your patio or deck completely. Move everything on the patio like lawn furniture, umbrellas, pots, plants, decorations out of the way. Any kind of scattered fragments should be cleared up.
- Select a pressure washer detergent that is good for patio cleaning. There is an on-board detergent tank on every pressure washer. Use the detergent in properly diluted solution. Too thick or too diluted solution creates problems in pressure washer jet. Cover the whole area with detergent water. Wait 10 minutes for the detergent to set and soak up all the dirt and loosen the grimes.
- Start pressure washing the patio now. Use a 25-degree nozzle to be on the safe side. Thoroughly pressure wash the whole patio or deck that you just covered with detergent water. Always point the pressure washer wand at an angle with the patio. This reduces the chance of damage.
- Use back and forth motion, from one direction to another, broad motion for covering the full patio and deck area. For the very large patio, you can use pressure washer lance or water broom attachment for a better result.
- Thoroughly clean the crevices with pressure washer jet pointing right at them. You can use rotary turbo nozzle for these kinds of grime attacked areas. This nozzle produces very powerful and rotary water jet.
Things You Will Need for Pressure Washing:
- Broom or outdoor vacuum
- Safety goggles
- Safety gloves
- Nozzle attachment
- A pressure washer
Pressure washer produces extremely powerful jet of water for cleaning and taking the stains or grimes off. This water jet can be fatal if you do not treat carefully.
Here’s what you can do to stay safe while pressure washing:
- Keep children away from pressure washing area. Also keep your hands and feet in proper distant position while spraying.
- Use safety equipment like safety gloves and safety shoes.
- Keep pressure washer water jet away from fragile items. Like the glass windows. Unless you know how to control the water pressure do not wash glass with that.
- Always use proper nozzle fit which you can find in the user manual.
To Sum Up
Cleaning up your patio and deck on the spring break is real fun with pressure washer. Thins essential task is something that should be done in safe environment. Follow the safety issues of pressure washer and you are halfway done.