Simply put, Hydroponic is gardening done without using soil. In this system, the plants are put in a growing platform. The nutrients are given directly to roots. It is surprising to many people that plants can grow without soil. And if truth be told, soil at times can become highly ineffective as a growing platform. Plants use a huge amount of energy when they grow their roots. Hence, it is possible for them to want soil for nutrients and water it needs to stay alive. By offering constant nutrition, the Hydroponic system enables the plan to grow over 50% faster than normal gardening process.
Regardless, of whether you are an ace gardener or are a complete novice, Hydroponic gardening comes with several advantages. The notable ones are discussed below:
1. Hydroponic gardening helps to maximize space – You can use this gardening system to grow the plants indoors and outdoors. Hydroponic gardens usually take up less space as compared to the soil-based gardens, as plants that have small roots grow close. Therefore, starting small is not a concern at all.
2. Hydroponic gardening cost-effective – From the DIY (Do It Yourself) kits to the basic set-ups to other advanced choices, you will come across a Hydroponic system that can cater to any gardening level as well as budget. And since you can do it in your space, the investment is very less.
3. It helps in conserving water – This gardening system depends on water to a great extent. It needs less as the nutrients and water can get recycled as well. The modern-day Hydroponic systems can utilize less than 10% of the water that’s used on the conventional soil-based gardens.
4. Hydroponic gardening places the control in your hand – Since the plants don’t need any soil, the gardener is in complete charge of the nutrient balance. It enables the gardener to easily to identify and detect any deficiencies. The soil absence also makes the flushing process easy.
5. Hydroponic gardening offers high yields – A small growing circle in the Hydroponic system refers to a garden that’s more productive even though it might appear small in size. The crops are able to grow two times quicker. Also, the yields can get doubled and also tripled for blooming in a restricted environment.
6. Hydroponic gardening provides increased outcome – The plants that grow through the Hydroponic system are much healthy and also have an increased nutritional value. The Hydroponic cultivated vegetables comprise of 50% more vitamins, especially the Vitamin E, A and the B complexes, in compared to the used grown traditionally.
7. Hydroponic gardening is less labour-intensive – You can save labour in Hydroponic gardening, because you don’t need tend the soil. There’s no requirement for tilling, pulling weeds, and also pushing wheelbarrows and the like. Hence, Hydroponic gardening is less stressful and very enjoyable.
There are several advantages of the Hydroponic gardening system. All these benefits are well documented but still it is not known to many gardeners. It is on its way to make its mark in the mainstream gardening industry. One of the main reasons for this is that the government globally is a bit slow to promote this gardening form. Sometimes, the gardening process gets equated with marijuana which paves the path for other heated discussions. However, with the passage of time, today people are becoming more cyber savvy than before. And so, the hydroponic systems are gaining awareness gradually in small pockets worldwide, with a hope that will become a prevalent practice for indoor gardening.
Further, today Hydroponics is an emerging industry vertical which is working hard to attain its complete potential. The main use of Hydroponics expands the capacity to be able to create a garden in the small spaces as well.